Wednesday, April 6, 2011

To Do or Not To Do

Sorry, I don't have the source. This has been in my Wallpaper folder for ages.

This place, this place I'm starting to dislike, has a lot of great friends in it. We bitch and moan a lot. We criticize and complaint (with good reasons, at least we think they're good reasons, or maybe they're just excuses, I dunno...). We just basically do what human with the XY chromosomes are expected to do, we do next to nothing and we bitch a lot. [Please read that with just the right amount of sarcasm you can muster. Seriously. No, SERIOUSLY]

So anyways, I have a bit of a beef. This beef has an easy solution, I should just (wo)man up and tell this person what's what. In fact, if someone were to tell me that they're in this type of dilemma, that would be my advise to them. But of course, I am very much do-as-I-do-not-as-I-say kind of person. So there.

My beef is with one person who asks me to do this favour. I don't wanna go into details, so stop tricking me INTO TELLING YOU THE FRIGGIN DETAILS!!! *deeeeep breaths* Sorry, my bipolar kicked in just there. So this favour, it's kinda like tricking the system (and we all LOVE to stick it up to the system right?). Thing is, I don't want to trick the system. I don't see the point. If you did something wrong, you did something wrong. Most of the time, I know it's not your fault, so that's that. And sometimes, it is your fault, so shouldn't you just deal with it? I know I will.

Thing is, it's been quite a few times (about 13 times so far, yes, I keep track of these nonsensical trivialities) that I told this person, if it was me, I'll just deal with the consequences. After all, when I say 'doing something wrong', I don't mean killing somebody or stealing or anything bad like that. It's just, sort of, like an unacceptable behaviour. But still, it does not necessarily affect your work performance..

And I'm from the school of thought that maybe, in the future, it might just be me in the other pair of shoes. I'm also apt to say, I'll cross that bridge when I get there, if I get there. At this particular moment in time though, I am pissed. You call yourself my friend and you put me in this compromising situation.

extra prescription. one of my undecipherable post, i know. bear with me, this particular bipolar personality is very fleeting. she'll go away soon enough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...