Wednesday, January 5, 2011

In a Relationship #001

I have a difficult relationship with my God. Of course He was NEVER difficult with me, I was the one who was unfaithful, is unfaithful, most of the time. I'd like to think that I have never strayed away from my beliefs in Him, but I think that's out of my hands. All I can do about that is to just pray and pray and pray and in my deepest of prayers and mournings of past sins, of the times I forget Him, He forgives me. He never forsake me.

I am not a deeply religious person. Not pious. Not even remotely. I am just a person going on with her life, who at some point, realize that I need more than love and support and guidance. I need the spiritual push, the kind that uplifts you in the darkest of sorrows. The kind that lights the light at the end of the tunnel.

Please, don't think of me as waxing lyrical over this. I am not trying to be philosophical or retrospective or analytical over this. I am just trying to say that, after all this time, after the feeling of invincibility, I need to fall back on him. And guess what? He always has my back. Always.

Please Allah, give me the strength and wisdom to accept what You have given me, good and bad.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...