Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Girly Gurl

Don't let the hearts and baby blue and dusty pink background fool you. I am no girly girl. I detest pink and I think dresses are a waste of fabric. I don't doodle boys names (unless it's Jake Gyllenhaal) on the margins of my notebook, with arrows going through the heart and whatnot. I don't even like flowers, I consider giving flowers as a gift as a waste of money.

However, just to digress a bit, when I graduated and went through the whole convocation she-bang UiTM throws a few times a year for us grads, hubs bought me a HUGE-ass bouquet of flowers. I graduated about 5 or so years ago. I only threw away the dead bouquet about a week or so ago. Okay, so I LOOOOOOVED that particular bouquet. Not because it's a HUGE-ass bouquet of blood red roses, but because it was such a surprise coming from my otherwise unromantic, practical hubs. Hypocrite much? Not really, to me at least, because the sentiment attached to the flowers is far more important. And to me, sentiments can be delivered by other means, other than giving me flowers. Sentiments can also be delivered by cash by the way, my preferred form of sentiments.

Uhmazingly, my unpink, ungirly girl obsessions is something I am unable to rub off on my Little Miss. In all fairness, she is not exactly, 100% girly girl. But she's getting there. If it was up to her, her bedroom would probably be pink vomit. It'll be decorated up to the wazoo with Disney's Princess. Although, I am proud to announce that Little Miss' favourite Disney's Princess is Ariel. I remember when we went to Penang and boarded the ferry to get to the island, Little Miss looked over the railing and called out at the top of her lungs, into the ocean, "ARIEL!!! WHERE ARE YOU???" It was all I could do not to grab her and shut her still moving mouth with my bare hands. Instead me and hubs exchanged embarrassed glances with other smirking passengers on board. Haih.

Little Miss and Widdle Hewoe <3

You know, I've always thought that the whole love at first sight thing was a cliche. That was until I saw Little Miss for the first time. Realizing how hard it is to bring her into this world, how it almost cost me my life. And realizing, that after all is said and done, I would still go through the same thing again. For her. For little Hero. For hubs. For mak and ayah.

BTW, her t-shirt in this picture says "Superstar in Training", courtesy of her Mama of course. You can officially blame me if she tries out for American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...