Friday, December 10, 2010

Simple Things

I have a simple new year's resolution. In time for the Hijri new year and the coming 2011. Next year, I will work harder to be nice. Yes, nice.

Okay, so I am grumpy by nature. I look aloof and unapproachable at best. I am a loner most of the time. I have a few friends that will probably remain my friends for years to come, and that's it. I don't like making new friends. Or maybe I lack the social skills to make new friends and I'm just in denial about it, I don't know.

Speaking of friends, there's always a good chance that the friends I made today, will not be my friends tomorrow. Or, they may be my friends only on Facebook. Do you have that illness? Having tonnes of people you added on Facebook, people you kinda sorta know, but they were only your friends ages ago?

You see, friendship takes a lot of work. You have to keep up, keep in touch with your friends. Me? You're lucky if you get a happy birthday wish on your birthday from yours truly. It's not that I don't care per se, it's the fact that, I always feel that if I start caring for one friend, if I start wishing one friend, then I'd have to wish EVERY-frickin-ONE on their birthdays. And there are people I don't care enough out there who have this delusion that I am their friend. See? Friendship takes up a lot of work. And seeing that I am nasty, grumpy and downright rude, why should I bother, right?

So you see, of all people, I need to be nice. That's why my new year's resolution is to be nice. Please bite off my ass if I'm not nice to you. Thank you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...